Expressions, equations, inequalities (one-step, one-variable only)
- Solving an equation means finding the value of the variable that makes the number sentence mathematically true.
- Solve and graph inequalities (Solving an equality means finding the values that make the number sentence mathematically true).
- Solve word problems using inequalities and interpret the solution.
- Equation, inequality, variable, one-variable, two-step, one-step, greater than (>), less than (<), equal to (=)
- Reason about and solve on-variable equations and inequalities
- Explain what a variable represents
- Use variables to solve problems involving expressions
- Use variables to represent the relationship between quantities in real-world problems
- Explain the relationship between dependent and independent variables.
- Analyze the relationship between dependent and independent variables.
- Explain the relationship between rate, ratio, and percent.
- Translate words into expressions.
- Read expressions using appropriate mathematical terms.
- Evaluate expressions using the order of operations.
- Fluently add, subtract, multiply and divide multi-digit decimals